If you want to ruin the diet of everyone in the whole party, this should be your go-to recipe.
Chocolate lava cake is like a chocoholic’s dream. Chocolate cake, with melted chocolate chips, so moist that it needs a bowl. And it’s dangerously easy to make.
The one problem is that lava cake is only really good when it is first served. Leftovers, if there ever are any, aren’t nearly as good as the fresh dish.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
- One box of chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- water (per instructions)
- one box of instant pudding, chocolate flavour
- 2 cups milk
- one bag of chocolate chips
- In the crock pot, milk up the cake mix per the instructions (they usually take one egg, 1/3 cup of oil, and some amount of water).
- Mix the pudding mix and milk, and pour onto the cake batter.
- pour the chocolate chips on top of the batter and pudding.
- stir briefly, four or five strokes.
- Turn the crock pot on high, cover, and ignore the scent of chocolate for two hours, then start checking it every twenty minutes or so. When the cake is just starting to pull away from the edges of the crock but the center still looks wet, serve with a soup ladle and vanilla ice cream.